Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall has arrived

It's been beautiful the last few weeks!  Cool and sunny. We've ridden our trike many times.  Sometimes the wind is gusty so we only ride for a little while. (See trike on previous blogs) I have had two jobs recently. I was with Avon for one campaign.  It's not as easy to sell as when I was with them when Thad was a baby, 40 years ago. How old am I, you're wondering. I'm 66 as of September 19th. I taught school for 30 years andwhen my hb suggested I get out of the house after closing my Etsy shop in December 2011, i was hesitant and a little miffed at this idea. I love being home with our girls,{ Maggie, black Lab, and Shuggie, Redbone Coon Hound}. He would not quit. I finally decided to try Avon again; it was so easy. Not so much now. The best part is it's on line now and you can order directly or order on the net and have your Avon lady deliver your order. Go to Avon .com to find a representative in your area. In Allen my rep is Linda Roberge 972-467-9743 or go on line to her shop where all of the current campain books are there in color. wwwyouravon.com/lindaroberge. She's very nice.

After I joined Avon I went to our new Pier1 store with my hb to buy a halltree we had seen there and loved. The girls there were delightful and carried the somewhat cumbersome halltree to ourtruck and loaded it. I thought I would love to work there. But I didn't want to sell on the floor as I had done for 6 years at J.C.Penney some time ago while I was still teaching and after I retired. I applied and was hired. I've enjoyed opening freight and seeing all the Halloween and Fall items; the Thanksgiving and Christmas items too! Some sunday nights we work late and set up displays and take out all the items I hae opened with others help. We stayed till 3:00 one Sunday night! My Manager and I got along great! Her name is Heather Davis and the store is in Allen at the new Allen Mall on Stacy Road 1580 is the store number. Sadly that job ended when the assistant Mgr. decided to get rid of me. I was blindsided and set up for dismissel. So, now I'm back at home again with my girls. It was fun for awile. I asked my hb," what do you want me to do next?" He looked at me like I had two heads. I said," Well you told me to go to work;get out of the house. Now that I've had two jobs and quit them, what do you want me to do?" He denied having done any such thing. I couldn't believe my ears! He now says I don't have to do anything if I don't want to. Thw moral of this story is: I proved to him and to myself that I could get a job thst I wanted to do and I could succeed in the training Avon expects and the physical effort that Pier1 expects,have a great working with the staff and mgrs at both.And I can leave on my own terms. With a little help from Pier1. I have no hard feelings now and Heather and I are on good terms since she had no idea what the assisstant Mgr was up to. I will shop there with my hb. Carma is a great equilizer.  

Hope you all are well and happy! Share you stories with me. All the best. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment