Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas has come and gone

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We took a short trip to Fredericksberg and Johnson City to see all the lights. It was so unseasonably warm everyone was in shirtsleeves. Nothing like the past few days with at least 5 inches of snow and freezing temperatures! Several more to come. Our County had the most accumulation in the area I was told.

I sadly closed my shop on Etsy. After three years it looked like a no go even after many craft shows and elementary school presentations it was time to admit my crafts aren't people's choice. On to my next challenge.

With the new year I've gone through the closets and drawers cleaning out many unused items to donate to our Cancer Box up the street. Feels like a new place. I've heard it lightens one's spirit to unload the clutter and it has mine. Four piles: keep,throw away,donate, sell.

We've discovered a new source of fuel for our fireplace. Having run out of newspaper I used some shredded paper to start the fire. It really works. And not all of the paper goes at once. Spots flame up at different times starting other logs. I keep a bag of shredded paper near the fireplace and shovel several batches under the grate, light and wa la you have a fire. It works especially well in a fire pit outside. Smaller pieces of wood burn for a long time with shredded paper. We've enjoyed cool evenings recently and cooked hot dogs and marshmallows together. Dad's idea to use shredded paper in fire pit.

Well I'll close now with best wishes to you all for a great New Year. Leave a message telling me about your holiday activities. Hugs, Kat xo

No comments:

Post a Comment